Shipping a dress from Canada

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any experience on the best way to ship your dress (assuming someone buys it through this site) from Canada? For the record, my dress is a big poofy ballgown, and I guess my concern is that I'm going to need HUGE box in order to ship it and the shipping costs will be very high! I know that the buyer is supposed to pay for the shipping, but I don't really understand how you can estimate the shipping cost for them before you have already packaged it up and shipped it, and I would hate for the buyer to be super excited about buying my dress and then have to deal with a ton of extra shipping costs!

TIA!

1 Response

Hi Stephanie

Parcels are charged by weight, or cubic weight, whichever is greater. Cubic weight is measured using the size of the box, so even if the dress is light you will be charged a fortune for a huge box.

For tips on how to determine the price for shipping, please see our guide at www.stillwhite.co.uk/blog/cost-to-ship-a-wedding-dress

We've also compiled our best tips for actually packaging the dress at www.stillwhite.co.uk/blog/how-to-ship-a-wedding-dress

Sign in to participate in this discussion.
Love!!! I’m so excited about my dress, and very happy with the price!
More
buyer
Jillian,
1 week ago
Love stillwhite! The site is secure, professional and easy to use. Highly recommend!
More
seller
Lizzy, Canberra
3 weeks ago