Design: Bonny Bridal 1609
This is the ultimate romantic wedding dress which will make you feel like a princess on your wedding day.
The fitted, ivory beaded bodice gives you the ultimate silhouette with the corset back keeping everything in place. The dress has several skirts giving the dress a luxurious feel and has a long train that can be easily pinned up in a bustle for the dancefloor.
The bodice colour is ivory and the skirts are an ivory-blush colour. If you are matching a veil, the best colour to go for is ivory.
I decided to get this dress for my special day as it gave me an amazing waistline and made me feel great. It was also luscious to wear. The organza skirt is so soft and simply stunning and the the beaded bodice is amazingly intricate. I thought if I am doing this only once, I may get an amazing dress to celebrate it in!
If you're size 18-20, this dress should fit you quite comfortably and has the corset... so is pretty flexible if your figure fluctuates a bit before the wedding.
The dress by Bonny Bridal was purchased new in 2016 and was used for 1 special day in September. Since then it has been professionally cleaned and stored in a dress box with acid-free tissue paper.
Note: I spent £130 on alterations & £150 for professional gown cleaning so the dress should be pretty much ready to wear.
Alterations by a professional dress-maker:
1. I had the underskirt hems taken up so it was comfortable for me to walk. I'm 5"6 and with 3" heels, it was perfect. No tripping over at all.
2. The bodice was also taken in slightly with darts at the side under the arms. This may be able to be undone, but it's worth chatting it through with a professional dressmaker.
3. The fabric underneath the lacing at the back of the corset was moved accross so there would not be a gap underneath the lacing
4. A loop for a bustle on the end of the train added.
1.Though professionally cleaned, there are some minor discolourations to the very under-side of the skirts. But with the organza petals from the skirt trailing down, they are hardly noticeable.
2. Some of the beads may be slightly loose but again, it's hardly noticeable and can be rectified easily.
3.The button for the bustle fell out but a new one can be sewn in quite easily.