Karen Willis Holmes, Anya, Size 8
£1,200 • Save 56%
- Retail price £2,700
- 56% discount -£1,500
- Shipping —
- Total £1,200
I am selling my beloved KWH Anya gown.
Such a stunning, timeless dress. I felt absolutely beautiful in it as I'm certain anybody who put it on would!
Very comfortable and so much fun to swish around in.
I made quite a lot of changes to this gown so please see the alterations section below.
I live in Balham, London. You are welcome to come and try the dress on.
This gown has been altered by a dressmaker. The following changes were made;
Back lowered slightly.
-Lowering the back of the dress meant that the centre zip had to be removed, and longer straps added. Compare photo 1 (instagram) to photo 2 (my dress).
- if you looked at it side on with your arms up, the point where the straps join the dress at the front, sweeps down under the arm all the way to the buttons at the back in a straight line. The best photo of this is probably the dancing photo.
- as the zip was removed, I decided to replace it with silk loop buttons. I am SO happy I did this, I think the buttons are such a beautiful feature and make the dress unique from other Anya gowns.
Removal of ribbon tie from the sequin belt
- i didn't like the ribbon so I had the belt stitched to the dress and the buttons do it up
- I felt the bodice area was too stiff and thick, and I wanted the dress to really cling to my body around my boobs and waist, so the boning was removed.
- dress was then taken in at the waist to fit me (I'm a size 8 around the ribs/waist/boobs).
Bra cups added
- very subtle padding just to give a bit of definition to the bust (and too low at the back to wear a bra).
Narrowing of the train
- Anya gowns have a kind of circular train, in that it goes out at your sides, not just behind you. I had the sides of the train narrowed and kept the back nice and long. See the wedding kiss photo for the best view of it. It made it easier to walk around in as there wasn't piles of fabric under my feet all the time!
- I'm not really sure exactly how it worked as my bridesmaids looped me up, but the dressmaker added loops in the under layers that get tied up to lift the train. Looked equally beautiful when bustled and was easy to dance in.
- Condition: Used
- Dry Cleaned: Yes
- Color: Ivory
- Fabric: Silk
- Year: 2019
Eligible for refund on the full purchase price plus shipping costs if the item arrives different to the listing description or doesn't arrive at all.
- Payment must be made through Stillwhite Buy Now button.
- Dress is returned at buyers expense.
- Guarantee is offered by PayPal Buyer Protection.
- PayPal's resolution decision is final.
Always communicate through Stillwhite · To protect yourself, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Stillwhite website or app. Learn more
Karen Willis Holmes£1,030Size 10 • Save 33%
Karen Willis Holmes£2,580Size 10 • Save 38%
Karen Willis Holmes£830Size 10 • Save 69%
Karen Willis Holmes£1,180Size 8 • Save 23%
Karen Willis Holmes£900Size 10 • Save 58%
Karen Willis Holmes£1,130Size 6 • Save 51%
Karen Willis Holmes£1,290Size 8 • Save 22%
Karen Willis Holmes£520Size 10
Karen Willis Holmes£1,030Size 10 • Save 53%
Karen Willis Holmes£520Size 8 • Save 42%
Karen Willis Holmes - New£1,290Size 8 • Save 38%
Karen Willis Holmes - New£1,290Size 10 • Save 16%
Karen Willis Holmes£520Size 10 • Save 69%
Karen Willis Holmes£520Size 8 • Save 70%
Karen Willis Holmes£930Size 10 • Save 36%
Karen Willis Holmes£620Size 8 • Save 54%
Karen Willis Holmes£460Size 8 • Save 79%
Karen Willis Holmes£930Size 10 • Save 66%
Karen Willis Holmes£260Size 10 • Save 44%
Karen Willis Holmes - New£180Size 10 • Save 59%
Karen Willis Holmes£1,500Size 8
Karen Willis Holmes£2,480Size 8 • Save 40%
Karen Willis Holmes£930Size 10 • Save 79%
Karen Willis Holmes£230Size 6 • Save 86%